Hey all – Steve here. I haven’t hit you all with a Hump Day article in a while, so I decided to make Christmas come early. I have received several emails asking me where the column went and honestly, I am just not sure. For the last several months I have just not had the time. It has been one thing after another (both good and bad) and it I just haven’t had it in me to write this bad boy. Leggo!
2016 Summer Olympics
We arrived. We kicked ass. We lied about some things. We left.
Kobe Bryant Day
Listen. I am all for celebrating an athlete, but did we really just witness Kobe Bryant Day in Los Angeles? I’ve never liked Kobe and now I just think he has grown a nice beard. All of the nonsense that has gone on with him over the years with the drama over this and the drama over that has really weighed annoyingly on me. Did you also hear that in honor of Kobe Bryan Day, there was a rule enforced of the no passing lane on all Los Angeles freeways. I wish I could take credit for that one. Alright, so when would Kobe Bryant Day be if he never changed numbers? Is this going to lead to a 6/23 Lebron James Day in Cleveland or a 7/15 Carmelo Anthony Day in New York or maybe even a 3/2 Shaq Day in Miami or 3/4 Shaq Day in Los Angeles (as you all know there are not 34 months in a year)? I hope not. How annoying.
World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2016
I’m still in a little bit of shock over the amount of money these people are making. It’s disgusting. Especially for some of them that are just bad at what they do. Let’s get to it:
1. Jennifer Lawrence – $46 million – She is the youngest member of the list and takes a ton of upfront fees. I guess when you’re her you can do that. Oh and by the way, this all boils down to $126,027.40 a mother-bleepin DAY! Insane.
2. Melissa McCarthy – $33 million – Look at this thief. She makes nothing but bad movies with the same horrible jokes and makes $33 million. Get the hell outta hea!
3. Scarlett Johansson – $25 million – She made almost all of it from a movie called Ghost in the Shell that comes out in 2017. Also, her Dolce & Gabbana endorsement helps a lot.
4. Jennifer Aniston – $21 million
5. Fan Bingbing – $17 million
6. Charlize Theron – $16.5 million
7. Amy Adams – $13.5 million
8. Julia Roberts – $12 million
9. Mila Kunis – $11 million
10. Deepika Padukone – $10 million
Alright people – that is all you get after the long layoff. I can’t give you more than this my first time back. It’s just too much. I will, however, leave you with a hilarious video of my boy Ari Gold. Enjoy and I hope to talk to you all again next week!
Oh and don’t watch this around your kids or at work. Just don’t.